We are all to familiar with the uncomfortable feeling of stress and anxiety. Your heart races, palms sweat, nausea, maybe even dizziness. Something has triggered your fight or flight response. Sometimes it is something so out of left field and sometimes it is something that happens regularly. A trigger that sets your emotions into a frenzy. Having dealt with anxiety my whole life I have come up with 9 surprisingly easy and natural ways to manage stress and anxiety.
1.Vitamins and supplements
Often times our bodies are missing essential vitamins. This may seem like something so simple but it is often overlooked. One to consider is vitamin D. With sunscreen in lots of products it is very well possible you can be deficient in Vitamin D. The sun is what helps our vitamin D levels. Check with you healthcare provider for testing to make sure you are not lacking important vitamins.
2. Cut back on caffeine and sugar
Don't kill the messanger ;)
I know, I know. Coffee and sugar are the life blood for us moms. However too much of it can wreck havoc on our bodies. Caffeine is a stimulant. Stimulants can increase anxiety. Talk to your health care professional about sugar alternatives. Some are better than others. I will let you in on a little secret. I was a HUGE soda lover. Coca-Cola to be exact. The way I kicked my soda habit was to switch to flavored soda water and adding a splash of juice. Then you are getting the fizzy bubbles thats in soda and a little sweetness from the juice. Eventually I was able to switch just to flavored sugar free soda waters. Another great option is my red drink. If you know you know. Click this link to read about it. ;)
4. Self Care
People who have trouble saying ‘no’ or being assertive often place others’ needs before their own. Mothers are usually at the top of the list for poor self care. When you take a flight, what is the first thing the flight attendants tell you? “Should the cabin lose pressure, oxygen masks will drop from the overhead area. Please place the mask over your own mouth and nose before assisting others.” Try to remember that if you don’t take care of yourself, you will be less effective as a parent, spouse/partner, employee and friend. Some of my favorite self-care activities are reading in my devotional book. Every morning I wake up about 10 minutes before everyone else, grab a cup of coffee and read one chapter in my daily devotional. Those few minutes of "me time" have become my favorite part of the day.
Exercise is a fabulous stress reducer. Studies show that just 30 minutes a day 3-5 times a week can lower your anxiety. When stress affects the brain your body feels it. It only makes sense that if your body feels better then your brain will too. Another great option for exercise is yoga. Something as little as 5 minutes a day will have an impact on your stress and anxiety levels.
6. Eat Clean
It only stands to reason that if your diet is filled with highly processed foods, fast food and other less than healthy foods, then it is bound to have a negative impact on your daily life. Although there are no specific studies to show which diet will help anxiety managing what you eat can help. The connection between nutrition and mental health is critical. You may need to begin with supplements to get back on track, but if you eat more fruits and veggies, you will begin to get the nutrients you require for good health and mental health with less supplements. Fast food and restaurant eating should be avoided most of the time, and chosen carefully if you decide to indulge. Explore food allergies or sensitivities – it can make a huge difference.
8. Practice Mindfulness
Mindfullness is the practice of living in the moment. Being fully engaged and completely free from distractions. I challenge you to stop and think about how many times you are actually present in the moment. I think you will be surprised at how often your thoughts race to what is happening tomorrow or what happened yesterday.
I hope these 9 surprisingly easy ways to deal with stress and anxiety help you. The next time that feeling of stress or anxiety starts to creep in try one of these 9 things mentioned above. I am no therapist or mental health professional. These are tips and tricks that have helped myself and my daughter. We both struggle with anxiety. I would love to have you join my amazing facebook group. Where we talk about the challenges of mental health and how we can all support and lean on each other. You can find us over in Moms Seeking Purpose. I'd love to have you.
It’s time to start looking for Joy Triggers. Given what’s happening in today’s world I am starting to feel like I am surrounded by negativity and doom and gloom. Murder Hornets, that other thing that shall remain nameless. Masks, social distancing. Things I never thought we’d be dealing with in 2020. It is so easy to fall into a pattern of negativity.
It is so so easy to slip into a pattern of pessimism. It’s like falling down a rabbit hole you can never get out. The first few days of quarantine I felt ok. As the days went on however, things became increasingly hard. I started to notice a trend on social media. Illness, social isolation, loneliness and an all around bad vibe. It felt like I was being swallowed up by a dark cloud.
Enter joy triggers.
Ariana Huffington, Founder and CEO of Thrive Global spoke about this in an interview. "It’s not enough to be productive, it’s not enough to be successful, I need my joy triggers. Joy triggers are not rational. Bring them into your daily life, because I really believe that ... it’s all a part of how we can bring balance into our life... getting joy from simple (but beautiful) things — scents and sights and tastes."
Joy triggers are the tiny things in life that bring you joy. The scent that reminds you of your favorite relative. The rainbow you see after a storm. Watching your kids run after bubbles squealing with happiness. Petting a dog. Quick chat with a friend online. That first sip of coffee in the morning. Recently in an effort to have some normalcy I started taking a daily walk. As I was out walking I noticed lots of chalk drawings. It always made me smile.
Being more mindful of these joy triggers is key. Being present in the moment. I highly suggest having a journal or note in your phone titled joy triggers. Write these things down or type them in your notepad as they happen. Reflect upon them when you are feeling overwhelmed and anxious. In a perfect world your joy triggers would be something that is simple to do and easily replicate-able. What I mean is that when you are feeling down, sad, or anxious you can quickly reflect back to those triggers and hopefully it will help you continue on your day in a more joyful and peaceful way.
What are a few of your joy triggers? Remember that "quick chat with an online friend" I mentioned above. I have a place where you can chat with other moms. Some of my best friends I have only met "online" and they spark the biggest Joy trigger ever. I'd love to have you join us here.
Here Ye, Here Ye! Husbands, DADS, Sons, Brothers, Friends, Co-Workers....I am talking to you.
Cough Cough. In case you have forgotten Mothers Day is on May 10th. That is exactly 11 days away. Don't wake up the day of and realize you forgot to get that special person in your life something. Since we are under extraordinary times I am making this super simple for you. All online shopping. You're welcome.
FYI, your kids will not be bringing home handmade Mother's Day gifts from school. You have 11 days.
Mother's day is the 1 day out of 365 days mom's want to feel special. The day we don't have to wipe so many butts. The day we don't have to hide in the closet to eat chocolate chips, the day we don't have to be the sole boo-boo kisser, the day we don't have to fix dinner, clean up said dinner and do all the other things we have to do day in and day out.
1. Yeti Mug. How many times a dang day do we have to microwave our coffee?! Not today Satan. Not on my watch.
2. Snarky Cross Stitch Kit. Ok hear me out. When all day long we do crafts with kids, for kids, for kids school work, there comes a time when we want to sit with a glass of wine and do a craft of our own. And what better way than a snarky one. We can't say WTF to our kids but we sure can cross stitch it.
3. Fully Customizable Stainless Steel Glitter tumbler. Yes, your mama needs this. When she is sitting at 115 sporting events, carpool, dance recitals and so much more. She needs a cup to keep her drink cold. Promise. She needs this.
4. Jade Roller. This bad boy packs a punch. When mom has been up all night with a screaming baby or she hasn't slept much because online schooling is driving her crazy she can roll this under her eyes and it is instantly refreshing. Even better, pop it in the fridge and it helps de-puff under eye bags.
5. Instant Pot. If you haven't jumped on the instant pot bandwagon yet, you are seriously missing out. Swear. She needs this. Check out Skinnytaste for all her amazing instant pot recipes.
6. Essential Oils, Basic Starter kit I know what your thinking. "my mama doesn't need that crazy voo-doo stuff" However that crazy "voo-doo" stuff is pure magical plant juice. Let her be the judge of that.
7. Red Drink. The red drink is pretty much like drinking the produce aisle. Mama is busy. She is so busy that 9/10 she has taken care of everyone else and herself last. Again, not today satan. Ningxia Red
8. Barefoot Dreams Blanket. Now, I know this is a splurge. But its your mama and she is WORTH it! Let her cozy up on the couch with netflix and this blanket and relax.
9. Daily Devotional. This book has taught me to slow down and take time for myself. Every morning, I get up 5-10 minutes before everyone else and read my daily devotional book. It has been the best "me time" I have gotten.
10. Barefoot Dreams Robe. The softest robe you will ever feel in your life.
And that's it friends. Don't forget that special mama in your life. She deserves all the love on her special day.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
How and why should you diversify your income with a MLM or Network Marketing company? Before we get to the why and how lets get the stigma of an Multi-Level-Marketing company out of the way.
Let's just get this out in the open. I am SO tired of seeing so much bashing when it comes to Multi-Level-Marketing. MLM is also know as Network Marketing also known as Word of Mouth marketing. I totally understand the skeezy, spammy marketing that goes on in lots of MLM's. Do I like it? Heck no! Do I understand why they do it? Heck Yes! Do I run my business that way? Heck no! Before you leave, keep reading on to understand why a MLM works perfectly for diversifying your income.
Let's break this down. Why do people become spammy McSpamerson when they start a MLM? Well when anyone starts a business whether it be a MLM or a brick and mortar store you expect or at least hope that your friends and family support you. When you invest in a MLM business you are investing sometimes a lot of money, time and energy. It is exciting but also SO scary. Sometimes people share their excitement in the wrong spammy way. The next time someone messages you about their business do me a favor. Step away from the computer and look at this in a different perspective. The perspective of, "hey Suzy just started XYZ company and maybe she is just wanting to earn a little income to pay for Sally's ballet" . Do you have to buy anything? Nope but you can definitely share her website, comment on her posts! Those things help more than anything. OK stepping off the soapbox for a second.
Back to explaining this so the people in the back can understand a Network Marketing Business. When I bought a starter kit from Young Living who has been around for 25 years, I essentially bought a franchise. If your best friend bought a McDonalds franchise would you not go and buy food from them because they bought a McDonalds? It is the same thing. Young Living does not pay marketing dollars. Instead they give it to us who sell their products. When you support your friends who sell a product like Beauty Counter, Shakeology or any other company like that you are supporting her small business. Owning a business is not for the faint of heart. It takes grit and lots of hard work. Those friends that have started a business are providing income for their families while being moms, or friends or wives or husbands or dads. For someone to not support you just because you bought a mlm franchise is the most ridiculous thing ever. You don't have to sign up, just support your friends and family!
Now that we have gotten the Stigma of Network Marketing out of the way, let's chat about why you should consider an MLM as a way to diversify your income and why you should do it.
"Never rely on a single source of income" ~Warren Buffet
Why Diversify your income?
Warren Buffet was a financial legendary genius. He urges us to find multiple ways to bring in income. If you aren't earning "mailbox money" or passive income you are doing it all wrong. Never rely on a single source of income. If one income stream fails you have another income stream to support you. In times of uncertainty it offers more freedom.
Why Health and Wellness like Young Living? When Jeff Bezos buys Whole Foods you know that the health and wellness industry is booming.
- The Health and Wellness industry has a revenue of $2.5 trillion dollars. Yes TRILLION
- 34 Billion dollars are spent on out of pocket alternative healthcare
- Educated consumers are demanding high-quality and sustainable goods.
What should you look for in a company when considering diversifying your income?
- The company should align with your brand and morals.
- The company should have consumable goods.
- The company should have longevity. Young Living for example has been around for 25 yrs
- Low start-up and monthly overhead. Young Living has a start up cost of $35 to $265 and optional $50 monthly expense.
- Choose a company that has strong training and educational resources.
Why the Young Living Business?
- They are the world leader in essential oils for over 25 years.
- They are a full wellness company with consumable products.
- The company offers residual income.
- Low start-up and monthly overhead.
What is the income potential?
- For the full income potential visit here.
- The income ranges from $0 to $3.1 million annually
- You get to build your dreams on your terms among people that support your path.
- You get full support, whether your goal is to get a few free oils, an entire lifestyle shift or complete financial freedom.
What is required to earn another income stream via Young Living?
- The low cost of any Wholesale Membership $165-$265 (this is a ONE time fee)
- Consistency and Education. This is a business. Treat it like a business. There is no magic trick or pill.
- People over profits. The more you care about helping others, the more successful you will be.
- All the tools, resources and knowledge will be placed in your hands so that you can be as successful as you desire.
Frans!!! in the best Moira Rose from Schitts Creek accent I can do. Let's not fall into the MLM "is terrible trap". Instead let us think of this as another way to diversify your income. I would love to help you use this as a way to earn financial freedom.